- The Finance Manager is responsible for managing all the accounting and finance activities of the Group.
- Supervise the accounting and finance team and follow up closely on their performances.
- Report to the CFO and should ensure steady and accurate accounting records in compliance with accounting standards.
- Liaise with Independent Auditor when it comes to delivery of Financials and new standards implementations. He should also cover the Consolidation of the Group accounts and implement an accurate reconciliation system.
- Implement internal standard policies and procedures and adhere with regulatory frame work and deadlines.
- Accounting Activities: Ensure regular and up to date accounting transactions, invoicing, entries, cash payments and collection, archiving, controlling, accounting accurate classifications and analytical accounting details. Secure a monthly accurate closing, allowing the CFO to steer the financial strategy and take the right decisions.
- Financial reporting: Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, both internally and externally. This includes reviewing financial statements, regulatory filings, and other financial disclosures required by law or stakeholders.
- Risk Management: Will be part of identifying financial risks that the organization may face; and propose new methodologies to automate processes and reduce human risk.
- Treasury Management: Oversee the organization's cash flow, managing cash positions,
- Cost Management: Work to set up control costs and improve the organization's efficiency by identifying areas for cost reduction, process improvement.
- Compliance and Regulations: Ensure the organization adherence to financial regulations and reporting requirements, thus minimizing legal and financial risks.
- People Management: Coach the accounting team, assist people management responsibilities such as training, developing, ensuring succession, proper environment.
Additional Key activities
- Keep up to date with the latest accounting standards or modifications.
- Train the team and support its development.
- Optimize accounting processes and create purpose for the day to day team role.
- Participate in the budget preparation and make sure it is in line with the real data aspiration.
- Accurate level of data reports.
- Actual data in all records and variances.
- Cash flow efficiency.
- Financial reporting timeline.
- Bank facilities’ effectiveness.
- Receivables aging.
- Payables aging.
- Number of risks identified at accounting level.
- Digitization of accounting processes.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in finance or equivalent in Finance.
- 10+ relevant years of experience in Auditing or Accounting, among which a minimum of 3 years at Manager level. An experience in the contracting / construction industry is an asset.
- Preferable holder of CPA or similar.
- Fluency in English and Arabic. French is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, ERP.
- Behavioral competencies:
- Team Management.
- Communication & Negotiation.
- Accurate and figures oriented.
- Analytical thinking / Problem solving.
- Technology / Innovation.